Hi, just letting you know that all products recommended here have been used by me, or are properly researched to ensure they are the best you are getting without bias.
I am also an affiliate for certain Amazon products and this means that some links here are affiliate links. If you purchase an item through any of them, I MAY earn a commission at no extra cost on you.
When it comes to doing things that can enhance our looks and beauty, not all of us are patient enough to wait for long-term’ solutions. A good number of us want almost instant results. No harm there, as long as you go through very safe methods to achieve that so you don’t get your skin into trouble later. If you are searching for how to get pink lips and you are one of those people who are more concerned about what product can give quick and effective results, this post on pink lip balms is for you (if you are looking for natural home remedies to get pink lips without using products, check out this post on DIY methods to get pink lips naturally).
The easiest and fastest way to get naturally pink lips is by using pink lips cream or pink lips balm. In this post I will share with you the most effective ones that are safe for the skin; I will show you how to make your own pink lips balm at home with ease, and also show you the effects (good and bad) that may come with using pink lip balms.
The Best, Natural Pink Lip Balms
In a hurry? Let me share with you these super-effective pink lip balms/creams which contain natural ingredients that will not only brighten the colour of your lips but also soften, moisturize them, remove cracks and also lend a glossy look to your lips (more details after the table):
|Product Name||Unique Feature||Price/Reviews|
|Jaowying Beauty Pomegranate Lightening Lip Treatment for Dark Lips||lighten the lips fast and improve its overall appearance||See Full Details On Amazon|
|KariGran Lip Whip Tinted Pink Balm||has essential, lip-loving ingredients that'll nourish and moisturize the lips.||See Full Details On Amazon|
|Rose Pink Piciberry Berrybalm||nourish your lips and improve its texture, smoothness and softness.||See Full Details On Amazon|
|Teddy Pink Mac Tendertalk Lip Balm||gives fast lightening effect that continues even after washing off.||See Full Details On Amazon|
|L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Balm||infused with SPF to guarantee a full 8 hours sun protection and hydration.||See Full Details On Amazon|
|Vaseline (lip therapy) rosy lips balm||provides the healing benefits you can only get with Vaseline’s Petroleum Jelly.||See Full Details On Amazon|
What you should know about using pink lips balm to get pink lips
We all love those cute, soft, rosy lips no doubt. But wanting to get those lips almost instantly shouldn’t make us settle for JUST ANY pink lips cream or balm. This is because most pink lips creams and balms in the market today contain harmful chemicals and other toxic ingredients that can cause damages to your lips.
Most people are attracted to pink, luscious, juicy lips and that’s why those who are not naturally blessed with pink lips are all looking for amazing pink lips balm to make their lips naturally pink.
But there are quite a lot of factors which may darken your lips, from the tea and coffee you drink to the pollution of the air around you and the influence of the sun. That’s where pink lips cream might help you.
The lips are one of the most delicate parts of the human body, so you must ensure that whatever you choose to apply on your lips is very healthy and safe with zero side effects whether immediately or in the long run. For this reason, I will be sharing with you the best and safest pink lips balms that are super effective when it comes to giving you soft and natural pink lips.
Be rest assured that deep research was done to sift through tons of pink lips balm out there to pick out the best that is both safe and effective. Trust me, the pink lips creams/balms you will find in this post are made with mainly natural ingredients and the composition is usually safer and more effective than those made with synthetic compounds and harsh bleaching agents.
Things to look out for when choosing safe pink lips balm
The fact that you can walk into any cosmetic shop and find tons of pink lips balm promising one thing or the other, is enough reason for you to do your own little research before deciding. While some balms can deliver as promised no doubt, a good number of them contain very harsh ingredients that will cause more harm than good to your lips later on.
Let me show you what to look out for when choosing pink lip balms to ensure that you are picking one that is safe, healthy and effective:
- The balm you choose should contain more natural ingredients than synthetic.
- You should pick a lip balm that has at least one essential or natural oil.
- Balms that contain almond oil are usually one of the safest and most effective ones. They moisturize the lips to keep them soft, replenish the lips and prevent it from getting chapped; while allowing the lightening agent to work fine.
- Pink lip balms with lemon as the lightening agent are very safe too. Lemon acts as the natural bleaching agent that lightens the lips and makes them naturally supple and pink.
- Beetroot and cranberry are also great pink-ifying agents and so you should consider balms that contain any of these.
- Balms that contain any Vitamin C or E fruit extract or beta-carotene is a very safe and effective pink lips balm.
Things to avoid when choosing pink lips balms
By reading the ingredient’s list on the body of the balm or going through the promise the product makes is enough to show you if there are any red flags. You are on a quest to get natural pink lips and not to cause damage to your lips. So, let me share with you what to avoid when settling for any pink lips balm:
- Try to avoid balms that have harsh bleaching agents as they can strip your lips of essential things.
- A lip balm with no single natural ingredient, essential oil or extract is not a safe one.
- Any lip balm that looks or smells very bad is not safe for use on your lips. This is because there is a tendency for you to end up licking and swallowing almost all the balm even before the end of the day. You do not want to lick a balm that smells and probably tastes, very bad.
- Balms that are expired or close to expiration should be avoided even if they contain 100% natural ingredients and oils.
- If any lip balm promises you an instant pink lip just after one or two applications, flee from it! You are most likely going to get a balm that would damage your skin later on or a balm that would waste your money and not give you any difference.
- If you want to use any balm that contains harsh chemicals, you MUST stop using it immediately you notice the slightest irritation on your lips. However, I do not recommend that you take this risk. Instead, if you need to get natural pink lips instantly in a safe way, check out this post on how to get (temporary) pink lips safely in just one minute.
6 natural lip balms/creams that are safe and guaranteed to make your lips pink
Now that you know what to look out for and also avoid when making your choice of pink lips balm, let me share with you the best recommendations. These balms are well researched and fit into almost all the points mentioned earlier. I can guarantee that feeding your lips with these intense moisturizing lip balms will keep them moist, visibly pink, intensely soft and smooth too.
The use of these balms are great for dark lips, completely safe and the result is super amazing with zero negative side effects. And of course, your lips would never go back to the dark colour they were before (well, as long as you avoid the things mentioned towards the end of this post).
So, here are my very own pink lips balm/cream recommendations that are safe and very effective with no side effects to worry about later:
This lip balm is one of the best pink lip treatment out there and there are many reasons why it hit this mark.
- This lip balm is very effective in getting your lips pink and it also comes with zero side effects.
- It is formulated with natural ingredients and blended in a way that pink-ifies your lips quickly and safely.
- It is specifically formulated to gradually lift pigment and is preferred among many who want to get rid of dark lips fast.
- Apart from its effectiveness and safety, the best part of this cream is its amazing fruity, tropical pomegranate taste. This sets it aside as it tastes nice unlike the plastic and funny taste of many other lip lightening creams and balms out there.
- Not only can this lip balm lighten your lips, but it can also improve the overall appearance of your lips; making it softer, smoother and healthier than ever before.
- It is the ideal size to carry everywhere you go. It can sit well in your handbag, backpack, pocket or school/work desk. Having it handy always will make it easier for you to apply a little throughout the day when your lips need a quick refresher.
- The major ingredients of this pink lips balm include Pomegranates concentrates, Shea butter, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Punica Granatum fruit extract, alpha-arbutin, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B3; and of course, the Vitamin B3 is particularly effective for balancing skin discolouration by promoting cell renewal.
If this is your kind of thing and you can’t wait to start getting those pink lips, click this link to be taken to the product page on Amazon where you can order one for yourself.
This balm may look small, but it sure is mighty. It is a soft and smooth balm that can tint your lips pink and get to make it permanent shade over time with constant use.
- This lip whip pink tint contains all-natural ingredients that would treat your lips fine and give you safe and guaranteed results.
- It contains a soothing combination of organic, wild-harvested and non-GMO ingredients that are all effective.
- The ingredients in this balm include Castor Seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Camellia Seed Oil Organic Olive, Calendula Oil, Non-GMO Vitamin E from Sunflower, Organic Peppermint Oil.
- It is the perfect blend of a lip balm and lipstick as it gives a very natural and cute touch on the lips which can give off a balmy and lipstick-y look altogether.
- The balm incorporates the most essential, lip-loving ingredients that truly nourish and moisturize the lips.
- It does not mask the appearance of dry, flaky, chapped lips but provides the necessary nourishments your lips need.
- The balm is Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free, Phthalate-Free, Cruelty-Free, Gluten-Free, and Petroleum-Free to ensure you enjoy an irritation-free experience with it.
Get those pink lips without going through harsh processes by heading over to this Amazon link to order one of your own lip-whip from KariGran.
This particular lip balm may not look like your usual pink lips lightening balm, but trust me, it works just as safe and efficient as most of the balms mentioned here.
- Apart from lightening the lips, this balm also softens and moisturizes the lips.
- Regularly applying this pink lips cream will nourish your lips and improve its texture, smoothness and overall appearance.
- With this PiciBerry lip balm, your lips will not only look good but will also feel good, as a result of the moisturizing and nourishing natural components contained in it.
- The balm has a matte texture that softly melts onto the skin and moisturizes it effortlessly.
- A little can go a long way as it has a very highly pigmented colour.
- This lip balm comes in aluminium laminated tubes to enhance its preservability.
- Aside from serving as a lip balm, you can use this as a blush for your cheeks and also as a cream eyeshadow.
Get this cute pink lip balm by clicking this link to see it on Amazon and order one of yours.
If you have come across or used any cosmetic product from MAC, you would agree with me that they always produce the best. This MAC TenderTalk lip balm is one of their products that will leave you in awe.
- This pink lips balm from MAC is so effective that upon application, it begins to permeate the lips immediately.
- It produces a fast lightening effect that continues to lighten the lips even after you wash it off.
- The high quality and natural ingredients of this pink lips balm are central to its effectiveness and safety.
- If you need a sure way to get rid of your dark lips and get pink lips in no time, this MAC lip balm should be one of your best bets.
You can go over to this Amazon link to check out the product on Amazon and place your order to see how it works for you.
This pink lips balm is so effective that you really do not need to invest in expensive laser treatment, surgical procedures or harsh processes in the quest to get pink lips.
- The tender skin on our lips is incredibly prone to weather/sun damage, but with this balm that is infused with SPF, you are guaranteed a full 8 hours of continuous sun protection and hydration.
- The major ingredients in this pink lips balm that places it on the same point with other safe and effective ones include Shea Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Kernel Oil and Calcium Sodium Borosilicate.
- The lip balm gives a bold and daring pout which leaves your lips looking cute and pink always.
- It provides 8 hours hydration that keeps conditioning your lips even after it’s been removed.
- This balm instantly smoothes, nourishes your lips, and provides a vibrant colour you would love.
- The Colour Riche Balm tinted lip balm provides a hint of luscious, kissable, pink colour that is sure to turn heads your way.
- The ultra-nourishing properties of the balm instantly make your lips look younger by giving them a dewy, moisturized glow with a hint of colour.
- This balm gives you a natural, ‘no makeup’ look with just the right amount of pink colour popping out naturally.
You can indulge your lips with this L’oreal Paris Colour Riche Lip Balm by clicking this link to be taken to the page on Amazon where you can place your order and have one delivered to your doorstep.
This may be the last, but it is no way the least. In fact, it is my favourite of them all. It is one of those pink lips balm that almost everyone has come across but not sure if it is worth it. Today, I can proudly tell you that this lip balm is worth the hype for many reasons.
- This rosy lip balm adds a pretty colour to your lips that looks very natural.
- It has a nice scent that does not leave a sour aftertaste in your mouth if you get to lick it.
- Regular use of this balm guarantees natural pink lips overtime.
- It provides rich nourishment for smooth lips.
- This lip balm provides the healing benefits you can only get with Vaseline’s Petroleum Jelly in a formula custom-made for your lips.
- You are sure to enjoy soothing hydration and soft, pink lips with this balm.
- Getting pink lips with this balm has always been a piece of cake as long as proper lip care and a healthy lifestyle are your watchwords.
- This Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Balm will give your lips the nourishment they need to leave them feeling soft and pampered all day.
- The Vitamin E content helps to care for them and make them healthier lips.
- Petroleum jelly locks in moisture to ensure that your lips are never dry, cracked or chapped.
- This balm is clinically proven to help heal dry lips and is a non-sticky formula that is invitingly soft and can easily melt onto the lips.
If you want to give this pink Vaseline a try (which I bet you want to), click this link to get to the page on Amazon where you can see more about it and make your purchase.
Trust me, any of the above 6 balms you choose would give you the best pink lip tint in no time. Just be consistent, have good lip care and also, avoid habits that cause your lips to darken. I would be here to receive your “pink lips testimony” when you finally have one to show off.
Frequently asked questions about pink lip balms/creams
People have tons of questions they want to ask about pink lips no doubt. I was able to pick the most common ones and provided answers to them. Don’t forget to drop any more questions in the comment box which you may have and is not mentioned here:
1. What is the best product to use for dark lips?
If you have got dark lips and you are ready to lighten them up with lip balms, my best recommendation is the Jaowying Beauty Pomegranate Lightening Lip treatment for Dark Lips. It is an amazing lightening lip cream/balm for a natural, fast and long-lasting lip lightening effect. What makes it arguably the best lip cream is its matchless composition of plant-based extracts, beta-carotene rich ingredients, and exfoliating properties that combine to quickly and safely enhance the lip giving it a more colourful, luscious and brighter look.
2. How can I get pink lips quickly with pink lips balm/cream?
To get pink lips quickly using pink lips balms or creams, you need to first have a good lip care routine (click this link to see one you can pick that work wonders). Next, choose a very good lip balm that is safe and effective (check any of the recommendations above and choose any). Then follow the instruction given by the lip balm manufacturer for the best application method. Trust me, if you do these 3 things diligently, you would get yourself a natural, cute, pink lips in no time.
3. The best way to apply pink lip balms for good results?
Depending on the lip balm you buy, there are different ways to go about applying your pink lips balm to get good results. Let me share with you the most common method of applying pink lips balm to get pink lips fast:
- Start by applying your pink lips balm right after your bath every morning and evening.
- Always go out with the lip balm to reapply once you feel your lips are getting dry. In fact, it is best to reapply every 4 hours for maximum results.
- You keep applying the balm until you start noticing the pink colour showing naturally.
- Then you can switch to using it only once or twice a day after bathing to keep your lips moisturized always.
- Once you get the desired pink shade you need, you can keep using the balm once in a while to help maintain the pink colour.
- Ensure you engage in a good lip care routine and healthy lifestyle to ensure you maintain it for long and not ruin your efforts.
But, you can still check the instructions given by the manufacturer of the lip balm you have to be sure of what to do with yours.
4. What is the best overnight lip moisturizer?
Almost every lip balm that offers a long period of moisturization is good to use as an overnight moisturizer. However, if you are looking for one that would moisturize and still get your lips pink, the Vaseline rosy lips therapy should be your first choice. To reap the full benefits of this pink vaseline, apply a layer of the balm to your lips before going to sleep every day. You can wipe it off in the morning and go about your day. Do this for a long period and your lips would stay moisturized and start taking on a sweet shade of natural pink.
5. Where can I get pink lips balm?
You can easily get good pink lips balm anywhere you are, online or offline. Whether in Nigeria, other African, Asian or European countries. In Nigeria, you can get it on Konga, Jumia, Jiji, Nairaland etc. In some states, just a quick Instagram search can show you a lot of vendors that sell them. And if you are in any European country, you can click any of the images of all the balms shown in this post to be taken to their various pages on Amazon. For Asians, this link to Aliexpress is your best bet.
6. What is the best lip balm to make lips naturally pink?
All pink lips balm recommended here are the best when it comes to making your lips naturally pink. But if you want me to pick one choice I would highly recommend, it would be this KariGran Lip Whip Tinted Pink Balm. This lip whip pink tint contains natural ingredients that are safe and very effective in providing you with the perfect, naturally pink lips. It starts by giving your lip a soft pink tint from an early application and continues to turn your lips to a healthy, natural shade of pink after consistent use of the balm.
7. Does pink Vaseline make lips pink?
Yes, pink Vaseline does make our lips pink. The Petroleum Jelly has a lot of benefits when applied to the skin. It locks in moisture to support the skin’s natural healing processes and also helps to remove built-up pigments on the lips. As it dissolves any un-welcome pigmentation, over a few weeks you will begin to notice soft, smooth and naturally pink lips.
8. What is the best moisturizing lip treatment?
If you need a good lip balm that would moisturize your lips, this L’oreal Paris Colour Riche Lip Balm is your best bet. This lip balm not only looks and feels good, but it also provides a full 8 hours lip hydration as a result of the moisturizing components it has. You are guaranteed to keep dry and chapped lips at bay with this handy lip balm.
9. Do pink lips balm have side effects?
Whiles some pink lips balm may have negative side effects (especially those with harsh chemicals), others do not. So, the answer to this question depends on the pink lips balm you got for yourself.
Side effects of using pink lips balm
Normally, anything that will make your skin or lips look lighter and give a permanent effect without safe or natural ingredients may have a couple of side effects. The question is, is the risk really worth taking? Let me share with you the positive and negative side effects of pink lip balms with harsh chemicals in them and then you can decide for yourself if it’s something you want to risk trying:
- These balms will lighten your lips. This is obviously the main effect of the cream.
- Such balms can give you lip a glossy or glittery look without a doubt. Most of the agents are equipped with additional moisturizers to make your skin softer, which on the surface appear as a lip gloss.
- Some of these balms/creams are enriched with vitamins and microelements that can make your lips brighter and evenly toned.
Negative side effects:
It is without a doubt that almost everything that has a good side would have a bad side too. A permanent pink lips balm that contains harsh chemicals to make your lips pink has some dangers. Here are some negative side effects that you might experience from using these:
- Such balms can over-exfoliate your lips and leave it prone to drying and chapping excessively.
- The effect of lightening in these balms is achieved either by bleaching your skin or over-exfoliating it and making your blood vessels closer to the surface.
- Most of these harsh lip balms are equipped with a moisturizing element that is not usually strong enough to compensate for the influence of an active element.
- Your lips can get too sensitive as the balm must have stripped it of natural nutrients and oils it needs.
- If your lips are dark, keep it in mind that the darkening of your skin due to the external stimulus is a natural reaction of your skin to protect it. So, when you use a harsh lip balm to forcefully get rid of the black pigments, your lips are open and vulnerable to threats.
- You can get an increase in body temperature when you lick and swallow the lip balm that contains more harmful chemicals.
- When your lips get irritated from using a balm that is harsh, your body might think that it is being attacked by some kind of virus or bacteria. It can start up a defence mechanism which can be dangerous to you.
- You can be allergic to any substance from the lip balm’s formula (maybe the whitening element or flavouring agent) and your skin can react to it.
In all this, negative side effects can be avoided by choosing the right, safe and effective pink lips balm for you. You can go through all the six recommendations in this post and make a choice. They are all safe and very effective to use without negative side effects to worry about.
How to make safe, effective, homemade pink lips balm for yourself
Because we have more pink lips balm in the market that contains lots of harmful chemicals, it will be a very good idea to make your own balm at home. This way, you control all that goes into it and even get to choose for yourself a 100% natural ingredient to add in the balm.
You can also control the preparation and monitor the shelf life to protect your lips. Using simple ingredients to make an amazing pink lips balm will surely give guaranteed results you can trust.
So, here is the simplest way you can make your very own pink lips balm that is safe and effective:
Moisturizing pink lips balm ingredients
- 50 ml of Jojoba oil (soothes, moisturizes and forms a protective barrier over dry or cracked lips)
- 1 tablespoon of Beeswax (contains natural emulsifiers and moisturizing lip balm compound)
- 20 ml of Glycerine (nourishes your lips and keeps them soft and pink)
- 6 drops of Tangerine oil or Almond oil (to moisturize the lips, keep them soft and replenished)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Beetroot juice or cranberry (these are natural ingredients that leave a permanent pink stain on the lips over time)
The simplest method to prepare your own pink lips balm
- First, start by melting the beeswax in a double boiler, microwave or over hot, boiling water.
- Next, add all ingredients (glycerin, tangerine/almond oil, jojoba oil, lemon) to the melted wax and stir well.
- To get your pink colour, add the beetroot juice or cranberry.
- Stir everything very well for it to be properly mixed.
- Pour into clean jars or any container you want to have your balm in.
- Allow the balm to cool down completely and get solidified.
- Store in a cool dry place as your balm is ready to use.
NB: It’s best to avoid adding fragrance to your lip balm as this may irritate the skin. The preservative is not necessary if you plan on using it up in a short time.
You can start using your balm as soon as possible. For best results, apply every morning and night after your bath and reapply when you feel it drying off. Keep using it consistently until you notice changes. Then you can switch to using it just once a day to keep your lips moisturized and maintain the colour.
Of course, there are natural ways to get pink lips and there are some lip balms which have minimum amounts of irritating agents that are safe. You can stick to those (mentioned in this post) to avoid developing any problem on your lips from the use of harsh balms or creams. Harsh permanent pink lips creams are the most dangerous ones so if you want to play it safe, avoid using these products. Better still, make your own balm yourself and enjoy a 100% safe and effective process of getting pink lips naturally.
You can also check out this post to see natural ways you can get and maintain pink lips and also many other great things about pink lips you will find useful.
So, have you tried any of the balms here? Is there any good recommendation you want to share? Or have you tried making your own balm using this method or any other? Let’s hear your thoughts and questions in the comment box below.