Hi, just letting you know that all products recommended here have been used by me, or are properly researched to ensure they are the best you are getting without bias.
I am also an affiliate for certain Amazon products and this means that some links here are affiliate links. If you purchase an item through any of them, I MAY earn a commission at no extra cost on you.
In this post, I will be sharing the easiest method you can use to make your very own cocoa butter at home using just the main ingredient and water.
Facia skin benefits of homemade cocoa butter
This butter can do a lot for your facial skin and body and can leave your skin feeling silky smooth. The best thing about this homemade butter is that there are no chemicals, alcohol, or preservatives that can irritate your skin. Here are a few benefits of this homemade body butter for your skin:
- It is the perfect way to get rid of cracks, dryness, and eczema.
- The butter can gently moisturize the skin and keep it hydrated always.
- Using this butter on the skin doesn’t clog pores as it is lightweight.
- It can be used to treat under-eye bags.
- With the butter from cocoa, your skin can enjoy reduced wrinkles and fine lines naturally.
- Prevention of stretch marks feels a lot easier when the right ingredients, like cocoa butter, is introduced to the skin.
- It serves as natural sun protection for your skin.
Making your own homemade cocoa butter
- 1kg of dry cocoa beans
- 2 cups of water
- Peel your cocoa beans and grind them to powder form.
- Pour water into a pot and heat till it is boiling.
- Pour the cocoa powder into the water and let it start cooking.
- You stir occasionally to avoid caking on one side. Keep doing this for one hour.
- After one hour the cocoa would have sunk and the oil will remain floating.
- Bring it down, let it cool and sieve the oil.
- After some hours your cocoa butter would have been set and ready for use.
- Get containers to store them for sale or personal use.