Makeup And Skincare Essentials For Your Birthday
Birthdays are special days for us and even though some of us may not want to throw a big party for one reason or the other, we always look forward to making the day count either. So if you are up for just hanging out with friends, going to a fancy restaurant or your favourite place, going shopping, taking pictures all day for the social media like I always do, then you are definitely thinking about your makeup for the day! It’s good to know that you do not need a professional paid makeup artist for this as long as you have the makeup essentials for your birthday.
Yes, it may be hard to know what cosmetic products are right for you for your everyday routine, but when it comes to your birthday skincare and makeup, you deserve to pamper yourself with the best beauty regimen because it is picture day and you are definitely going to show up in a lot of people’s feed! If you are also thinking of prom, it will interest you to know that this can also help you cross that hurdle.
For your birthday makeup, here are the essential items you will need, why they are needed for your makeup and skin care regimen and one we recommend for you because they are the best and still doesn’t cost much.
- 1 Skin Care Essentials For Your Birthday
- 2 Makeup Essentials For Your Birthday
Skin Care Essentials For Your Birthday
Well, depending on you or your budget, you may want to include a skin care regimen beforehand just so you get that perfect beauty effect for your birthday. If you skip this, it’s okay but I will highly recommend it to allow your makeup products to do their work perfectly and give you the desired results. Here are skincare essentials to give you that aesthetic look:
Emergency Spot Remover
1. Skin Oil: This Rose oil smells lovely, goes smoothly on the skin and is just the perfect thing to make your skin soft and healthy looking. You can get a bottle some weeks/days before your big day and use often for a good result. You will love the look of your skin and how it glows when you finally get to apply your makeup for your birthday.
2. Face Mist: This Rose mist also smells amazing and has a beautiful and special aesthetic too. It hydrates your skin with coconut water, rose and aloe and prevents your skin from looking dry and flaky by locking moisture in.
3. Eye Cream: I’ll recommend you start using this a few months before your birthday to keep the skin under your eyes hydrated and more alive.
4. Essential Oils: Essential oils are becoming very common as it helps in a lot of ways which includes preventing antiageing, reducing wrinkles, clearing facial spots, tightening the face and even keeping the face moisturized and smooth. Go for popular and effective ones that will contain any natural ingredient like Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Orange, Lemon Grass, Rosemary and Frankincense.
5. Emergency Spot Remover: If a few blemishes or acne decide to make a grand appearance on your face for your birthday, relax, it’s nothing a spot remover can’t fix. You can go straight to acne removers like this check the price on Amazon, to remove them immediately. Another option is these invisible acne dots. They’re really subtle and they do help to quickly minimize redness and irritation. Pop them on overnight or first thing in the morning before the event or photos and you are good.
6. Face Mask: This face mask will leave your skin so soft and hydrated you’ll marvel at how your skin looks and feels. You can leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes before your makeup or even overnight, then rinse off in the morning. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to do a little patch test before the day.
All these skin care products will go a long way in giving your face that healthy and special glow before the big day! Not to mention it will allow your makeup to go on smoothly on your face, making it appear brighter and livelier and let the makeup work their stuff on your face. It’s all to show a more beautiful shade of you for your big day!
Makeup Essentials For Your Birthday
Now for the makeup essentials for your birthday, you do not need the entire makeup item in the store; neither do you need a professional paid makeup artist to help you with this. You can do this or you can ask a friend to help since you already have everything you need to get yourself looking pretty for your day. Trust me, your friends will argue over who will help you because, one, it’s your day and two, they are your friends! lol! But if they aren’t available to help or you just want to do it yourself because you are awesome, no problem, I attached a video at the end of the post just in case you need extra help. Yeah, I know, you just love me! haha!
So, here are the makeup essentials for your birthday:
1. Makeup Primer: Trust me, for your day, you’ll want to use all the tools at your disposal to keep your makeup fresh for photos all the way through. This is exactly why a primer should be the first on your list. This will smooth everything out and hold your foundation. It’s good for your skin, makes it look bright and allow your foundation last longer. It also helps your skin soak everything and allow the makeup to do their work properly. It’s pretty necessary so you shouldn’t skip it and go over to the foundation. There are versions that are classic, colour correct, minimize pores and add radiance. (One of our Instagram posts explains more on this).
2. Eyebrow pencil: This is necessary to fill up your eyebrow gaps and give you a fuller and natural looking eyebrow. I am totally not up for completely shaving off your brows and drawing on another which will likely look fake. Instead, focus on trimming extra loose hairs on your eyebrow and shaping it to have a neat and defined look. Then you can use a liquid or regular eyebrow pencil to fill in for a long-lasting sketch. If you need a template to help you draw or fill up your eyebrows then you can try this Reusable Eyebrow Shaping Card Kit.
3. Foundation: The good thing with any foundation is that it comes in different shades so you can easily find your perfect match. DO NOT go for one that melts under the sun and ruins the whole look. You will only get sad over the loss of money and your ruined day! This particular one is extra long-wearing and can be applied for full coverage or a more sheer finish depending on your preference. It doesn’t smudge, it’s waterproof and gives your face that extra glow!
4. Concealer (Kit): This is not entirely necessary if you don’t have anything to conceal. But if you do, this creamy concealer should throw in that extra confidence you need while keeping your face looking flawless. If you want, you can go for a concealer kit that has a setting powder or even a contour/highlighter with it in a compact. It also comes in different shades which should give a natural look as long as you choose the perfect one for your skin tone.
5. Eyeshadow Palette: This will come in handy if you want to pop extra colours on your face or to simply achieve that smokey eye look. If colours are mixed and blended properly, you will appreciate the bolder look you will get.
6. Eye Gel Liner: If you need a winged eye effect or just want to make your eyes appear darker for your special day, draw on a line of eyeliner and you will love the finished look. The extra smooth and matte finish that this gel liner gives will leave your eyes looking sexy all day! It comes in classic black and other colours if you are willing to experiment.
7. Black Mascara: Who wouldn’t like an extra fluffy eyelash for that one day you really want your eyes to pop! A good mascara will do a pretty good job to give your eyelash a lift and make it look fuller and bolder. Just a few strokes and you can innocently bat your eyelashes away the whole day! lol! If you don’t have many eyelashes to flaunt like me, simply throw on a nice and natural falsie like this Handmade Natural Eyelashes and you are good.
8. Lip liner: A lip liner won’t hurt even though it’s not a compulsory item. It gives your lip a defined shape and helps line the lipstick perfectly so it doesn’t look rough or all over the place. If drawn perfectly, it can also enhance the look of your cupid bow.
9. Lipstick: Switch up your lip style and go for a dark, waterproof matte lipstick that really stays through all the drinks. It looks romantic, simple yet amazing. If you are more of the sexy pink lip type then you might want to check out Top 7 Pink Lipsticks You’ll Love. Or you can just stick to your favourite lip balm to go.
10. Blush, Bronzer, Highlighter and Contour Kit: Using this properly is enough to give you that perfect face you will need to rock your day. With a proper face highlight and contour, you can expect that extra glow effect and. A complete kit with all these would serve you better than separate ones. You can pick the set that has beautifully pigmented shades from bronze to peachy hues, which blend easily onto the skin for a glow-from-within effect. This will perfectly give your face a defined look.
11. Setting Powder: You may not know the importance of a setting powder until you try it and notice the difference. It provides a touch of radiance while taking away any shine that may not look natural. I’ll recommend this one below as the translucent powder is ultrafine so it never looks cakey. It also feels so silky on your skin and leaves you looking more natural in your makeup.
12. Setting Spray: This just goes a long way in completing your makeup. It should be your go-to item for making sure makeup stays fresh and long on your face any day of the year. This works like hair spray by keeping your makeup in place and as long as the other makeup products on your face are good and you don’t ‘mistakenly’ wipe your makeup yourself, you are sure to have a longer and fresher makeup looks all day.
13. Makeup Set: If you can’t stand having a whole bunch of different products separately, you might want to stick with a makeup set that comes with a pallet containing powder, lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, concealer, eyeliner and even mascara. Depending on the brand, you can get different things inside the set. Be sure to know what’s inside to help you decide what extra item you need to buy.
With all these, you are sure to stay picture ready all day long and won’t have to take breaks every hour to go touch up your makeup in the bathroom before each shot. Your skin is already glowing from all the skincare products you used before the day, and your makeup is the perfect and natural fit for your skin; keeping you fresh and pretty all day long!
Birthday Makeup Looks For Some Inspiration
If you are looking for cute birthday makeup looks to get some inspiration for your own day, here are some pretty ones we picked out for you. They are just the perfect birthday look and quite simple to create yourself. Get some inspiration and go create your own makeup look to rock for your day!
Simple Makeup Video Tutorial For A Birthday Look
Here’s the video I promised at the beginning of the post. It’s a video tutorial of a simple birthday makeup and you do not need expert skills to get this done yourself.
So, do you have any experience you want to share with us about your birthday makeup? Or do you have anything to add on the list? Let’s hear it below.
When it comes to your #birthday skincare/#makeup, you deserve to pamper yourself with the best #beauty regimen because it is picture day and you are definitely going to show up in a lot of people’s feed! Click To Tweet