Diet, people around us, sun exposure, stress, and simply neglecting our skin can really affect its natural radiance. The good thing is, with simple tweaks to our daily routine, we can help our skin get its glow back. You do not need to quit your job and give more time to your skin or pay for expensive surgeries; you will just be surprised how simple lifestyle changes can get you that glowing face.
Lifestyles That Can Affect Your Facial Skin Negatively
To be honest, there are some things on the skin that makeup can’t cover and so the best thing is to avoid these things if you can to help retain that beautiful glow all day long. Some lifestyles are naturally not healthy for you or your skin and some of them include:
- Diet: Some diet programs that entirely remove some foods high in water may not do your skin much good and can leave you dehydrated. Going easy on daily consumption of water can also leave you dehydrated. You definitely do not want this so you don’t lose that happy glow.
- Climate: Too much exposure to the sun can cause moisture to evaporate from our skin. Also, in cold seasons, the cold winds can also dry out our skin leaving us looking less radiant.
- Influence: Friends, people around us or even our environment can influence us into habits that aren’t healthy for our skin. Excessive alcohol consumption, engaging in too strenuous activities, attempting complete fat-free diets, partying for consecutive nights with little water to carry you through, feeling drained about a relationship and lots more can deprive the skin of a lot which can lead to that loss of radiance.
- Stress: Stressing yourself out during the day, losing sleep at night and even going as far as losing appetite while worrying over one thing or the other won’t help you or even your skin. You will definitely not look radiant with your smile upside down on your face.
- Neglect: Neglecting your skin is one thing that will cost you a lot sometime later. Always take out time to understand your skin and what it needs and try to look out for signs that show you are having a skin issue. You must not hit the spa always, simple homemade skin care can go a long way.
Simple Lifestyle Practices To Get That Glowing Face
We all may have busy schedules, low budget, and all that stuff but it’s important to note that for you to get that glowing skin, you don’t necessarily need an expensive wallet or all the time in the world. Simple day to day things you do can go a long way in making you see and enjoy a healthy and glowing skin. Here’s how to get that glowing skin with a few lifestyle adjustments:
- Learn To Wear Sunscreen: Trust me, glowing red from sunburn isn’t a good look, and it’s not safe for your skin either. When you’re out in the sun, always wear sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. For effective coverage, you should reapply sunscreen every two hours throughout the day when outdoors. Also, note that you have to put sunscreen on or use a moisturizer with SPF before applying make-up when going outside for anything. These will go a lot way in reducing the sun’s damage to your skin.
- Always Avoid Irritants: Common irritants such as very hot water and harsh chemicals in soaps, makeup, skincare and beauty products can cause your skin to appear red and puffy. Long, hot shower in winter might sound appealing after a day out in the cold, but hot showers can also weaken lipids, dry out the skin and reduce its radiance. Stick to cool or warm showers, and fragrance-free or unscented, non-irritating, hypoallergenic skin products if you can. You can also try to moisturize daily after a shower to lock in moisture to help heal dry skin.
- Get Into The Habit Of Sleeping Well: Lack of sleep can really affect the appearance of our skin. When you have tired and worn out skin, it loses its natural glow. Lack of sleep causes the blood vessels to dilate, leading to dark circles under the eyes, which leaves you with a dull, tired-looking complexion. It will interest you to know that the skin renews itself as we sleep. The skin is hard at work while we sleep. Our body’s main defence against the outside world works overtime to protect us, as cell regeneration doubles at night and the production of collagen increases. Your body can’t really get this done in a few hours so make sure you get 7 – 9 hours of sleep per night to help maintain healthy glowing skin.
- Try To Reduce Stress: Stress causes a chemical response in your body that makes your skin more sensitive and reactive. It can also make it harder for any skin problems you have to heal. When you’re stressed you may neglect your normal skincare regime too. Be sure to follow your daily skincare routine, even when you’re busy, and take actions to reduce stress. For example, getting enough sleep and taking time to yourself – such as going for a walk, reading a book, or meditating – can help you maintain a stress-free and balanced lifestyle. Always strive to reduce your physical and emotional stress levels to promote glowing skin from within.
- Exercise Often: Not only is a workout great for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but it can also have a positive impact on our skin. Exercise can boost collagen production which improves skin texture, and it can increase the flow of blood, oxygen, and nutrients needed to repair environmental damage that can cause the skin to age or become irritated. Physical exercise may also help prevent premature ageing by increasing the level of antioxidant activity. Exercising often will help in a lot of ways for you and your skin. Have it in mind that as the skin helps to remove waste from the body through sweat, it’s important to keep your skin clear of heavy make-up during a workout. It’s also best to take a cool shower afterwards and wait until the skin has fully cooled before applying a hydrating moisturizer to revitalize the skin.
- Stay Happy Always: Whoever created this slogan must understand the effect of positivity in one’s life. Whether it’s your friends, family, environment or whatever, ensure you surround yourself with people and things that will keep up the positive vibes around. Trust me, you do not want to always carry a gloomy face around. It will not only make you feel down, but it will also cause lines to begin to appear unpleasantly on your face. You do not need extra expenses or skin care while trying to get rid of wrinkles at an early age!
- Pay Extra Attention To Your Body: This seems like the most obvious thing to do but a lot of us just overlook it. We do not think about using moisturizers, face masks, and other things for our faces until we wake up one morning and find a pimple sitting on our face before we go to the internet to search for fast (and drastic, might I add) ways to pull it out. While this can help you immediately, constantly doing that will not help you. Have a simple and effective skin regimen and follow it well to ensure you don’t panic and do harsh things to your skin when you need immediate solutions.
- Consider Healthy Dieting: It’s worthy to note that looking good on the outside can also be affected by how healthy our bodies are on the inside. Moisturizing and the likes may be important for a glowing skin, our diet and certain vitamins may help give our skin an extra boost if we take them seriously. We can actually promote good skin health by maintaining a healthy diet. If you have no idea where to begin, speak with a nutritionist for advice on selecting a healthy, balanced diet that is right for you.
That’s about it for now. With these simple lifestyle tips for a glowing skin, you are sure to achieve a warm, radiant complexion and keep your skin smooth, supple, hydrated and glowing all the time.
So what do you think?
You do not need to quit your job and give more time to your skin or pay for expensive surgeries; simple lifestyle changes can get you that glowing face. Click To Tweet